CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Nothing but everything

_____________________________________________________________________________________ We waltzed across the Milky way,
and he held me close to him.
I dreamed that we would fly away,
past stars that would never dim.
Sparkling moonbeams in my hair,
he was the one who put them there,
and starlight in my eyes.
A lovers dream of great extremes,
all the wild and lovely schemes,
sung to the tune of a lullaby.
He softly whispered words of love,
and kissed me tenderly,
my lover, my life, my sweetest one,
I thought he would always "see me".
He wrote songs of a magical romance,
one that he knew would always be.
We walked in the silvery moonlight,
past flowers of fantasy,
sometimes he'd stop and pick one,
then hand it right to me.
I still can smell their fragrance,
feel the warmth of that beautiful eve,
but now I sit alone here,
wondering why he'd ever leave.
I thought he was the one who hung the Moon,
couldn't bear to see reality.
Everything he touched spun gold dust,
I was dazzled by everything.
Until I woke on that fated day,
and saw the truth so bleak and grey,
not even a word from him.
Was it easy for him to walk away,
travel back to the past to a life,
that had left him incomplete?
What was it that he left behind,
that could compete with all these things?
Why does he say he loves me,
and turn to walk away?
Too many questions with no answers,
why am I the one to pay?
Open heart come in he told me,
did he mean a word he said?
I hoped that he would hold me,
and I'm holding stardust instead.
I hope he hasn't forgotten,
what we thought was "meant to be",
I remember what he told me,
about wanting all these things,
and how he waited so long,
for all the magic true love brings.
I know he heard my heart song,
and how he made it sing.
I only hope he's happy,
and he can live on dreams,
and me I'll continue to fly,
most likely aimlessly,
maybe sometimes he'll look back,
probably in his dreams,
and see the little lady,
who wanted nothing but everything.

copyright © 2009 Lydia Lanham

0 comments: