CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 2, 2009

Resilient

When it comes to being resilient,
I think I’m number one.
Every time I get knocked down,
I get up and start to run.
It’s not that it doesn’t bother me,
or take away my sensibilities.
It’s what I choose to be.
I know I’m not exclusive,
for pain respects no one.
I can still see magic,
feel the warmth of a brilliant sun.
There’s beauty for the beholder,
and songs that must be sung.
The sound of the children laughing,
when they’re having fun.
Passion shared by lovers,
and warmth of family.
The sound of a baby’s’ first cry,
is like music to me.
The silence of a snow filled night,
and mysteries to solve,
wisdom of the ages,
and true awakening.
All the beauty of Winter,
and the renewal of Spring.
There’s comfort in such little things,
that creates a tune,
that teaches my heart to sing,
a never ending sonnet,
filled with new beginnings.
I love the life that I’ve been given,
concentrate on simple living.
When the dark creeps in again,
I turn to love and my best friends,
no matter what it is I need,
they are the ones who comfort me.

0 comments: